The Clarke Forum for Contemporary Issues is hiring Dickinson students to be project managers for the 2023-24 academic year. Applicants for the position must be current first-years and may be majoring in any field.
Student project managers at the Clarke Forum become part of a vibrant, intellectual community whose work is essential to enhancing the Dickinson and Carlisle communities. Student project manager responsibilities include researching topics and speakers, publicity, interviewing and introducing our visiting scholars, writers, and artists, and shaping the programming itself. This valuable work experience strongly benefits both students’ experiences at Dickinson and their employment opportunities once they graduate.
Description of Student Project Manager Position:
This is a paid position. As a student project manager, you are responsible for:
- Designing posters and printed programs for events using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Researching topics and speakers
- Writing press releases, topical backgrounds, biographies, and introductions
- Introducing guest speakers
- Conducting interviews with guest speakers
- Editing audio interviews using Audacity
- Coordinating future events with fellow project managers
- Hanging posters around campus
- Escorting guest speakers
- Attending receptions, dinners, and events
- Providing general office support to Clarke Forum staff
- Contributing to projects related to the Clarke Forum’s mission
Strong writing and communications skills are required. Project managers are also required to work together as a team and to professionally represent the Clarke Forum to the greater Dickinson community and to guests.
Workers must be willing to commit 9 to 11 hours each week, which includes two mandatory student project manager staff meetings (every Tuesday at noon and every other Thursday at noon).
In addition, workers must be available for mandatory training on the following days before classes begin: Thursday, August 24 from 5:30 – 8 p.m., Friday, August 25 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Saturday, August 26 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Applications are due Sunday, March 26 at 11:59 p.m.